Converting pressure sensitive tape
Slitting of adhesive and non-adhesive coated materials to custom widths.
All types of self-adhesive and non-adhesive materials can be slit to your specification on our lathe slitting equipment. Whether standard or non-standard widths, these processes are often the first step in production prior to die cutting, lamination, or printing. By lathe slitting on the original core without rewinding, widths down to 3mm can be achieved and low volume orders can be undertaken.
MAXIMUM LOG WIDTH: 1600mm
MAXIMUM LOG DIAMETER: 500mm
MINIMUM SLIT WIDTH: 3mm
PolarSeal slitting materials
PolarSeal performs slitting for the following materials:
Do you require a non-standard roll width?
Contact a converting expert today for a custom solution to meet your exact roll width requirements.
Frequently Asked QUestions
What is Slitting?
Slitting is cutting large rolls (master roll) of material in narrower rolls.
What are the benefits of Lathe Slitting?
- Bespoke sizing can improve your operational efficiency
- Sizing tailored to your needs can reduce waste
What are the benefits of Rewind Slitting?
- Parts can be customized
- Reduction in your production process
- Bulk buying of materials can reduce cost
What is the minimum slit width?
- Our minimum slit width is 3mm. Wider slit widths, the material becomes more stable.
What type of slitting is best for the material?
- Shear: A male and female rotary knife
- Razor: A razor blade that cuts “in-air” or “in-groove”
- Score/Crush: A rotary blade pressed into a hardened anvil roller