Converting expectations met with precision slitting
Slitting of adhesive and non-adhesive coated materials to custom widths.
Material slitting by rewinding from original cores through a knife system onto core size or type to your specification. This method enables any length to be rewound onto any individual core.
UNWIND: MAXIMUM LOG WIDTH: 1600mm
MAXIMUM LOG DIAMETER: 1000mm
REWIND: SLIT WIDTHS DOWN TO: 25mm
PolarSeal slitting materials
PolarSeal performs slitting for the following materials:
Do you require a non-standard roll width?
Contact a converting expert today for a custom solution to meet your exact roll width requirements.
Frequently Asked QUestions
Slitting is cutting large rolls (master roll) of material in narrower rolls.
What are the benefits of Lathe Slitting?
- Bespoke sizing can improve your operational efficiency
- Sizing tailored to your needs can reduce waste
- Parts can be customized
- Reduction in your production process
- Bulk buying of materials can reduce cost
- Our minimum slit width is 3mm. Wider slit widths, the material becomes more stable.
- Shear: A male and female rotary knife
- Razor: A razor blade that cuts “in-air” or “in-groove”
- Score/Crush: A rotary blade pressed into a hardened anvil roller